Search Engine Optimization SEO – What it really is?
New to Blogging or SEO? No problem, we are here to give you all the basics and information essential for your blog to get high rankings.Firstly, SEO the “Search Engine Optimization” is a process of obtaining traffic from open, free or natural search results from search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing. These internet libraries scan, monitor and rank the web pages & content including videos or local listing on the basis of its relevance to users.
What SEO does, is it helps Google maintain an up-to-date digital library for every single keyword by ranking highly relevant and reputed content web pages.
Sneak Peak about its benefits!
SEO has some practically amazing benefits which are briefly described here:
1) SEO gets rid of the need to have thousands of ads across the web and When you are listed at the top, you don’t need to pay per click or allocate a budget for advertising!
2) SEO will give you results (not immediately but rather quickly) and as soon as you start your SEO efforts, traffic will increase at a definite and steady rate!
3) By doing SEO, your website or blog will become THE brand name as people trust that the first listings in Google are reputable companies.
4) SEO gives a Better ROI (Return on Investment) Than Normal Ads as a hit from google is much more credible and valuable than a hit from an ad.
5) SEO can bring thousands upon thousands of visitors to your website a day giving you an opportunity to take your business to the next level.
6) SEO makes you Stand Out amongst 250 million websites on the web.
In order to make your website/Blog Stand out, we are here to provide some awesome tips for your search engine optimization.
So, buckle up and stay tuned!
HOW TO: INSTALL an SEO PLUGIN YOAST
SEO by Yoast plugin is one of the must-have plugins on any WordPress website (that is not hidden from the public eye) if you care about your website’s performance in Search Engines.
Simple Steps to follow are:
1. Go to Dashboard > Plugins > Add New.
2. Write WordPress SEO by YOAST in the Search box.
3. Click the “Install Now” link.
4. A pop-up alert box will ask if you really want to install the plugin, click OK.
5. In a few seconds, the plugin will be automatically downloaded and installed. All that is left is to click on Activate Plugin.
While visiting the SEO tab for the first time, the plugin may suggest changing your Permalinks structure. The most recommended structure is “Post Name” and you can change it by going to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks.
HOW TO: DETERMINE YOUR KEYWORDS
To get a higher ranking on Google for your website or blog, you must always use keywords which describe your content the best!! KEYWORDS are the KEY as google can comprehend them and appreciates them! You can also take some help from Google Planner to figure out relevant keywords! Try to embed one or two targeted keywords in every article! It will add up to a higher accessibility and reach.
1. Make a list of important, relevant topics based on what your website/blog is about.
2. Fill in those buckets with appropriate keywords Hub Spot’s Keyword App lets you sort through your keywords easily based on criteria like visits, rank, and difficulty, so you can cut through the clutter pretty quickly.
3. When you are done with the shortlisting, Research related search terms for a better idea.
Some Free Keyword Research Tools are also available, you can totally check them out!
First up is, Google Planner! Once you have set up an AdWords Account, you put as many keywords as you want and Google will spit out a list of related ones, along with a possible range of usage on both local and Global levels. Here is how it looks:
HOW TO USE KEYWORDS IN YOUR POST
Add keywords (naturally) to 5 most critical places on your website. They may be the Titles, in Descriptions, Headings & Content or in Images Titles & Alt Text and also in URLs. If you are unfamiliar with the terms and haven’t used them previously, there is nothing to worry about. With a little effort and learning, you can optimize your web content and it will surely pay you off in the longer run.
By using “Search for new keywords using a phrase, website or category,” type in keywords relevant to your post and google will give you a list. You can choose the most catchy one and optimize your article with that.
HOW & WHY TO USE HEADING TAGS
Header tags are extremely important on-page SEO factor because they’re used to communicate to the search engines what your website is all about. Search engines identify the copy in your header tags as more important than the rest. This starts with your H, which is the Main Heading on your page and works its way down in importance to the sub-headings h2, h3 and so on. These tags will help support the overall theme or purpose of your page.
You can’t, however, just throw in whatever content you want into these headers. It’s important to utilize your header tags with short-tail and long-tail keywords. As search engines crawl your site, they will pick up on the headers and recognize the keywords you are using as important.
• <h1> is used as the HTML element for the first level heading of a web document
• while the title should work in any context like <title>Affordable Web Design Services for Small Businesses $12</title>
HOW TO: UPDATE THE TITLE TAGS
First of all, make sure that your title tag has your targeted keyword and is contains 55 characters at max as Google displays only 55 characters in search results, so anything more than that will not be read by search engine users anyway. So, stay within a reasonable limit for a better read.
HOW TO: GIVE YOUR IMAGES A TITLE & ALT TEXT
The Alt & Title Attributes of an image are referred as ALT Tags or ALT Texts in web language and gives a description and function of an image used on a page. For example, if an image serves as a button to a product X sale, it’s ALT text would say “button to buy product X”
For websites, the ALT texts for an image will be in HTML:
For a Word press Blog, You really should take the time to craft a proper alt text for every image you add to a post. The interface makes it rather easy, click an image, hit the edit button, and you’ll be shown an interface like this:
HOW TO: INTERLINK YOUR WORDPRESS BLOG POSTS
If you want your WordPress site to rank higher in search engines, in addition to tweaking your WordPress category pages, you need to link your new articles to your older, relevant articles.
1.First of all, you can link your articles using anchor text you’d like to rank for.
2.Load up your Google Analytics, and Look for your current keywords, and see the articles that already rank in search engines.
3.If you’re not ranking #1 for any of the keywords that send you traffic, make sure you link those articles from your new stuff.
4.The tip is to improve your existing rankings, rather than ranking for something completely new.
I hope you found this useful , if so share it with others !